Here's a healthful chicken recipe with some major bonuses: rich Parmesan cheese, savory fresh zucchini, and zesty dried tomatoes. With a mere 20-minute prep time, it's an easy dinner recipe you can count on for quick gratification after a long, busy day.
Fast Chicken Fettuccine (Makes 4 servings)
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- ¼ 7-ounce jar oil-packed, dried tomato strips or pieces
- 1 large zucchini or yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 8 ounces chicken breast meat, cut in cubes
- ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan, Romano, or Asiago cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- Black pepper, freshly ground
Cook in lightly salted boiling water according to package directions; drain. Return pasta to hot pan.
Meanwhile, drain tomato strips, reserving 2 tablespoons oil from jar; set aside. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon reserved oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from skillet. Add remaining reserved oil to skillet. Add chicken and herbs; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken no longer pink. Gently toss zucchini, chicken, and tomato with cooked pasta. Sprinkle each serving with cheese and season to taste with pepper.