Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New Product - Herbal Zodiac Kits

Those born between June 22 and July 22 are born under the sign of Cancer (my sister's sign).  Recently I was rereading a book by Bertha Reppert entitled Herbs of the Zodiac.  It was an article the May June edition of the Essential Herbal Magazine that featured a reprint/rewrite from the section on the sign of Cancer originally from Bertha rewritten by her daughter Susanna Reppert Brill that made me realize I had gotten the book years ago.  When I found it, I also found Herbal Wisdom: Unlock the Power of the Zodiac to Benefit from the Healing Properties of Herbs by Roni Jay and Your Zodiac by Charles and Vivia Ray from the 70s (thank goodness I file my books by theme!)
I sat down one evening and poured over these books hoping for some healing inspiration for some personal ailments and instead found inspiration of a line of Herbal Kits based on the ideas presented in the books. 
So far I have created three Zodiac Herb Kits (Gemini, Cancer and Leo), each crafted for a specific Zodiac  Sign containing items crafted especially for them. 
Since my sister's birthday was coming up I did her sign first -- Cancer the water sign ruled by the moon.
The Zodiac Kit for Cancer includes 4 packages of single herbs, 2 different specially chosen Herb Mixes and a Cancer Sign Potpourri blend all of which compliment the herbal synergy of a Cancer.
The loose herbs are important to both health and well being and can be taken in food or as tea.   Recipes for using them are also enclosed.

For the sign of Cancer I chose:
  • Parsley
  • Dill 
  • Spearmint
  • Rose buds
Since lettuce and cucumber are special plants of Cancer, I also included two different salad dressing mixes in the kit to encourage the consumption of the beneficial vegetables:  The Backyard Patch Italian Dressing and Marinade and our Buttermilk Ranch Dressing, both containing more beneficial herbs. 
I then blended a special Potpourri for Cancer that includes roses, spearmint, parsley, dill, and St. John's Wort which is scented with Rose essential oil to give the Cancer rest, relaxation and peace.
I then gathered all of the above listed items together in a decorative box with a printout of Herb and Zodiac Information tailored to the Sign of Cancer.
Once I was on a roll I made one for Gemini and Leo too!  The herb combinations are different with each one and for Leo I made a tea similar to the one in Bertha Reppert's book because when I made the recipe myself I liked it too much not to share.  I only make this tea for the Leo Zodiac Kit however, to make it special for them.  I will be adding more signs of the Zodiac as the months progress, so if you do not see yours listed yet, come back again.
We have other Herbal Zodiac Kits and you can find them all listed under our Seasonal Products section on Etsy. 

UPDATE: We now have Zodiac Kits for Virgo, Capricorn, Pisces, Aquarius, Libra, Sagittarius, Scorpio, Aries, and Taurus. They are listed about 3 months before the season of the zodiac they are for and are removed 30 days after the zodiac season they are for.  You can find them all in our Seasonal Herbs Section on Etsy.  If you want one out of season, click the custom order button on any zodiac listing and ask me if I can make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...