Friday, June 10, 2011

Recipe: Skillet Chicken with Mustard

Back on May 26th I gave a couple of recipes for making your own mustard.  After I had made a batch myself, I was looking for ways to use it and came across this recipe which I adapted to go with my home-made herbed mustard.  You can substitute Dijon mustard if you have not made herbed mustard of your own.

 

Skillet Mustard Chicken (serves 4)

 

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup hot chicken broth
  • 2 tablespoons dry white wine
  • 2 teaspoons herbed mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
  • dash of pepper
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
  • nonstick cooking spray, butter, or oil

Preparation:

In a small bowl, combine bouillon granules, water, wine, mustard, basil, tarragon and pepper. Set aside.
Rinse chicken; pat dry. Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray or coat with a little butter or oil. Heat skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken. Cook chicken for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.

Remove skillet from the heat; carefully add bouillon mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is tender and cooked through. Remove chicken to a warm serving plate; boil pan juices for about 1 minute to reduce to about 1/4 cup. Pour juices over chicken. Serve with rice and a green vegetable.

Update 7/6/11

We made this recipe over the holiday weekend and I just wanted to share a couple phtos of the finished product.

3 comments:

  1. Hi I found your recipe about a week ago and cooked it up last night with my own homemade mustard. I left out the tarragon because I do not like the flavor of it, and my mustard was a bit spicy for me, but my grown sons loved it and want it again. Thought I would let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. That is great to know. I am trying to get my husband to make if for dinner this week, Now I might get my wish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your meal turned out wonderful. I just got a call from my son asking for this recipe, but he wants cheese stuffed in it, and I told him I am going to use a mild mustard. I will let you know how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...