Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Sweet Sleep Tea - Tea Blend of the Month

I have had several people asking me about sleep teas and although I have several, I went looking for some recipes from other sources as base for some new ideas.  I found this great recipe from Tina Sams in her book “Living with Lavender.”

Tina experiences the same problem I do which is the inability to stay asleep or getting back to sleep after waking up. She is the one who turned me onto Holy Basil (Tulsi) to help control that. This recipe has a wonderful combination of relaxing herbs and stress reducing herbs that can also help one to sleep.

For more information on Tina and her many herb books and publications, check out her website www.EssentialHerbal.com


Sweet Sleep Herbs

  • 1 Tbls lemon balm
  • 1 Tbls chamomile
  • 1 Tbls passion flower (leaves, flowers and/or stems)
  • 1 tsp hibiscus
  • 1 tsp rose petals
  • 1 tsp lavender buds

Chop the ingredients so they are a consistent size and mix together, storing in a tight sealing jar. 

TO USE: Place 1 tsp in  cup of boiling water and steep 10 to 15 minutes.  Sweeten with a bit of honey if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...