Monday, October 29, 2012

Ten Comandments of Breakfast Tea by Marcus Stout

Marcus Stout of Golden Moon Tea recently shared these Ten Commandments of Breakfast Tea and I just could not stop myself from sharing them.  If you like a quality Black Tea or Green Tea or an exotic tea you can't find in just any shop.  Check out their website.  I use some of thier tea as the base in my herb infused black tea.

Commandment 1: Thou Shall Use the Biggest Tea Leaves Possible
 Big leaves give more flavor. I try and use the biggest leaves I can find - forget about teabags.
 
Commandment 2: Thou Shall Use Ceylon, Assam or Keemun
These teas have a big bold flavor that is perfect for Breakfast Tea. If you choose a blend be sure that these teas make up the majority of it.
 
 
Commandment 3: Thou Shall Warm Your Teapot
A cold teapot will suck the heat out of the water leaving a tepid brew.
 
 
Commandment 4: Thou Shall Rinse Your Tea Leaves
Rinsing the tea leaves helps to “waken” up the leaves, ensuring a great cup of tea.
 
Commandment 5: Thou Shall Use Boiling Water
Since all Breakfast Tea is Black Tea, be sure to use boiling water. If the water is less than boiling, the tea will taste watery.
 
 
Commandment 6: Thou Shall Steep Your Tea for the Recommended Time
Too little time and the tea will turn out weak. Too much and it will be too astringent. Be sure to never oversteep your tea to make it taste stronger, rather increase the amount of tea you use.
 
Commandment 7: Thou Shall Pour the Milk in the Teacup First
This has been highly debated amongst tea enthusiasts for years. However, I like to pour the milk in first because I use the same cup every day and know exactly how much to pour. It also gives me something to do while the tea is steeping.
 
Commandment 8: Thou Shall Use a Strainer
Little bits of tea in your teacup can cause your tea to turn bitter. Use a strainer in your teapot for when you pour the brewed tea into your teacup.
 
Commandment 9: Thou Shall Drink Out of a Porcelain Cup
Porcelain has a smooth surface that gives tea  a pure flavor. My teacup may be my most cherished possession.
 
Commandment 10: Thou Shall Drink Your Tea Before Brushing Your Teeth
Even if I wait 30 minutes before having my tea (which is almost impossible within itself), I can still taste the minty flavor of the toothpaste. The really important thing is to make sure you remember to brush your teeth after drinking your tea or your coworkers may hate you all day!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post. Most informative. thank's for sharing. This is such a useful tool for writing. It helps me with my story writing.
    happycookerz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...