Peppermint oil is excellent for mental fatigue and depression, refreshing the spirit and stimulating mental agility and improving concentration. It helps for apathy, shock, headache, migraine, nervous stress, vertigo and faintness and in general respiratory disorders, as well as dry coughs, sinus congestion, asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, tuberculosis and cholera. Peppermint Oil is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal which gives it loads of medicinal uses!
Peppermint oil’s many, many uses (to be continued):
- On muggy days add 2-3 drops of peppermint oil to 2 teaspoons sea salt and add to a warm bath to help your body cool down.
- Add 1-2 drops in shaving lotion for a close shave and fewer skin abrasions.
- Massage 1-2 drops of oil into a teaspoon of carrier oil of your choice into your scalp. The scent creates a soothing and calming effect. The mint oil stimulates blood supply to hair follicles and promotes the healing of skin abrasions on the scalp.
- Peppermint oil can dry oily skin and acne. Add 1-3 drops of peppermint oil to body wash or soap. Or add it to witch hazel and apply by cotton swab directly to blemish or boil every 2 hours or as needed.
- Add a few drops of mint oil to the water of a humidifier or vaporizer to keep it smelling fresh and kill germs.
- Reduce swollen eyes in the morning by adding 1-2 drops of mint oil to 1/2 to 1 ounce of skin lotion; apply to cheekbone area.
- For staying awake and alert, apply mint oil (1 to 2 drops peppermint essential oil in 1 teaspoon carrier oil) to tip of each nostril and temple area.
- Peppermint oil is soothing to sore muscles when added to a hot bath. Mix 4 drops oil to sea salt or carrier oil. The carrier oil will help disperse the essential oil through the water for an even affect.
- Use this to soothe arthritis pain as well. In addition to a bath, you can mix 4-5 drops of oil into 1 ounce of lotion and/or massage carrier oil to rub into angry joints.
- Treat your feet by applying peppermint oil mixed with a carrier oil to relieve swollen feet and help reduce and assist in healing blisters, cuts, or athlete's foot by killing bacteria.