- 2 tablespoons canned pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 teaspoon Backyard Patch Cinnful Dessert Blend, plus more to garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup hot espresso OR strong
sweetened whipped cream for serving
Saturday, September 17, 2016
Pumpkin Spice Latte Season weekend recipe
Rather than spend all that extra money at the Dunkin’ Donuts or Starbucks or even McDonalds, try making a latte at home with this simple recipe.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Combine the milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla in a medium microwave safe bowl, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and vent with a small hole. Microwave until the milk is hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk vigorously until the milk mixture is foamy, about 30 seconds.
Pour the espresso or coffee into a large mug and add the foamed milk. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of spice mix.