Sunday, January 3, 2021

Vanilla Bath Blend - Bath Blend of the Month

Botanical bath and shower products inspired by the garden were not my first creations when I started the Backyard Patch.  In fact, I expected not to make many at all.  When I began I had Italian Dressing, Dill Dip, 6 herbal tea blends, and one bath salt recipe completed my entire catalog.  


Over time that has changed and I now make a large number of Bath Products.  They are fun and simple to create and as a result of many public demonstration programs,  I have formulated more recipes than I can ever put into my catalog of products so I have decided that I will share some of my favorite bath formulations each month.  Come back around the beginning of each month for another special body treatment. and if you look back through the blog you will see others around the beginning of each month too!

This bath recipe is best made and used immediately.  The vanilla will give you a seasonal scent while the honey soothes and rehydrates dry skin. And if you make your own vanilla extract this is even better.

Vanilla Bath Blend

1 cup sunflower oil
1/2 cup castile soap
1/4 cup honey
1 TBS vanilla

In a small saucepan, grate the castile and cover with a bit of water.  Heat to a simmer and stir until soap is melted.  Stir in the rest of the ingredients.

TO USE: Immediately take the warm and melted ingredients to the bathroom and pour it into a  running bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...