Friday, March 20, 2020

Play the Game Tangle - Indoor Craft with Scented Herbs

Below I will be giving you instructions for making a simple game like Twister with an herbal twist.  And the best part is you make it from recycled materials.  It is actually part of my kids program called "Play-it-Again Games." 

If you needs some calming and some activity, then this is a great game to play.  It is raining here for the third day in a row, so there is no outside play going on, so to keep from becomeing couch / computer potatoes, my hubby and I decided to try the game after I made it.

What this really caused was a great deal of laughing, because my husband and I are not as limber as we thought we were.  Thank goodness there is no photographic evidence.

Make the Game of Tangle

All you need is:
 2 milk or juice cartons
 Scissors
6 colors of construction paper
Glue






Steps to Create Tangle Game:
      1.                Cut 2 squares boxes from carton bottoms.


     2.                Cut a slit at one corner of one box 


 3.   Create a combo of aromatic herbs in any amount inside one box.  Use about 2 to 3 Tablespoons of mixed herbs. Roses, lavender, lemon herbs mints, etc.  

If you do not have herbs, but have some essential or perfume or potpourri oil, place a few drops and some scraps of paper.




4.  Push the 2 boxes together with the scented items inside.  They fit tightly, no glue required.  When you shake it (toss it,) the herbs stay inside, but give off their scent.



5.              Trace the sides of the box onto 6 different colors of construction paper.



6.              Cut out 5 squares of each color.


7.              Glue one square of each color onto the 6 sides of the cube, creating a colored die.



The splash of almond milk makes it look like I poured glue on the box, but that is actually a glue stick, which worked perfectly.  I smoothed the paper over the glue putting one color on each side until entirely covered creating a color dice.




Now you are ready to play the game.  The entire process took me about 15 minutes, so you can have a game ready in no time.


TO PLAY TANGLE – 2 to 6 players

1.   Find a clear space on the floor for play.


2.   Scatter the paper squares (4 of each color) on the floor.



3.   Roll the colored dice once.  The color on top is the color to use.  


4.   Try to get both hands and both feet on the matching color in the scatter on the floor.


5.   Try not to get too tangled. I put the phone down and hubby and I tried the game.  With me getting blue first and him getting red, he had to stretch over me to reach his colors and when I tossed the dice for my next color we ended up in a pile on the floor laughing!


6.   Play continues with other members of the team. If you have more than 4 players, you can work with 2 squares instead of 4 for each person and alternate hands and feet.  Have fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...