Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

“I do not like Green Eggs and Ham, I do not Like them Sam-I-am.”
 "Try them, try them, and you may! Try them and you may, I say."
"Say! I like green eggs and ham! I do!! I like them, Sam-I-am!"
 ---- Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss

This is my favorite Dr. Seuss book, probably because it was my final assignment to present the book entirely in sign language for my Sign Language Class in college.


To celebrate the great doctor of  personal change and seeing yourself in a better light! I give a green ham recipe to try.
So Try It! for the 112th Birthday of Dr Seuss!

Ham slices with Green Herb Paste
5 cloves garlic, peeled
About 5 to 7 sprigs rosemary to yield 1/4 cup needles
handful of fresh oregano, yielding 1/4 cup leaves
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
2 to 3 Tbls. olive oil olive oil
½ tsp salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Ham slices, bone in is nice but not required

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.  To make the green-herb paste, combine garlic, rosemary, oregano, in the bowl of a food processor; pulse to combine. With machine running, add olive oil through feed tube, and process until just combined but some texture still remains. Green-herb paste can be made 1 day ahead and stored in an airtight container, refrigerated, until you're ready to cook the ham.

Spread the green herb paste reserving some to use after as a garish on the ham (both sides) and bake in the oven.  If using a cured pre-cooked slice of ham then you simply spread the paste on the ham and bake until warmed through about 15 to 20 minutes depending on thickness.  If it is an uncooked slice of ham you will need to cook longer.  Refer to your packaging or butcher for more instruction, but you want the internal temperature of the ham to reach 150 degrees.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...