Friday, November 4, 2011

Meatball Appetizers with Cinnful Dessert Blend

I stated in an earlier blog that this season we were going to focus on Cinnful Dessert Blend as the special mix for the season.  As a result I posted it as the Featured Product on my website and have posted a few recipes here using it.  As we get into the entertaining season, I thought I would share this recipe I fashioned a few years ago that uses the blend to make a sweet Asian-style meatball that is quick to prepare for guests.  I have even gone so far as to make the meatballs in advance and warmed them in the skillet with the jelly right before I am ready to serve them.  You can substitute cranberry or rhubarb jelly and also lamb or ground turkey for the ground beef to suit your personal tastes.
Sweet Meatball Appetizers
Ingredients
1 pound ground beef
½ small red onion (finely chopped)
½ cup bread crumbs
1 large egg
½ cup current jelly
salt and pepper
Directions
1. Combine meat, onion, bread crumbs, egg and Backyard Patch Cinnful Dessert Blend.  Season with salt and pepper.
2. Shape into 1-inch balls and broil until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes.
3. In a large skillet, heat currant jelly; add the meatballs and toss to coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...