Saturday, October 29, 2016

Pineapple Sage and Marjoram Chicken Salad - Weekend Recipe

I just harvested the last of the pineapple sage.  The plant was stunted in the pot so I am not going to bring it in for winter as it will likely not survive and I do not have time to repot.  But I found the great recipe in a 1992 issue of Herb Companion so I tried it!  Perfect for using up those late season herbs.

Pineapple Sage and Marjoram Chicken Salad

• 1/2 cooked chicken breast (about 8 oz.)
• 1/2 cup onion
• 1 1/2 stalks celery
• 2 hard-boiled eggs
• 2 teaspoons parsley
• 1 teaspoon marjoram
• 1 teaspoon pineapple sage (or mint)
• 1/2 cup pecans
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup light mayonnaise


Pulse chicken breast in food processor or blender. Chop next seven ingredients fine, and combine with chicken, salt, and mayonnaise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...