Saturday, February 22, 2014

Weekend Recipe - Italian Herb Bread

Beer Bread with Italian Herbs & Cheese

I have always had trouble baking bread using yeast.  I buy too much and it gets stale and then my bread never rises like it should.  I found this recipe for an herb bread that eliminates the need for dry yeast by using beer instead.  And the flavor makes it a great bread to eat with tomatoes dishes, and winter bean soups.



Normally I do not post recipes that only use my seasonings, but I have made this bread and BYP Italian Seasoning makes it the best.  If you comment and want a substitute I will reply with one.

3 cups self-rising flour*
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon of Backyard Patch Italian Seasoning
1 (12-ounce) can of beer

Combine all ingredients in bowl, mix well.  Add beer and again, mix well.  Preheat oven to 375°F.  Lightly grease or spray a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.  Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.   Makes 1 loaf.


*If you don’t have self rising flour just use this mixture. 3 cups all purpose flour, 3 teaspoons baking powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...