Saturday, August 10, 2013

Weekend Recipe - Green Beans with Olives & Dill

Our local Farmer’s Market is every Wednesday.  My husband and I stop on our way to work.  This week there was an olive vender and some great Green Beans.  Combining that with Dill from my garden and I came up with this great recipe for you to enjoy.  Dill’s affinity for beans is obvious in this simple side dish.  I love butter on my vegetables, but have been trying to cook with heart friendly ingredients this year, so I switched to olive oil.  This recipe uses the best of the garden and lots of heart-healthy oils.


Green beans, Olives & Dill
• 1 pound young green beans
• 2 tablespoons minced Kalamata or ­Moroccan oil-cured olives
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill weed
• 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
Rinse and trim the beans. Place a pot of water and the stove and bring to boiling.  Add the beans to the boiling water and cook 3 minutes, or until barely tender. Drain immediately and toss with the remaining ingredients.  Serve warm or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...