Saturday, March 22, 2014

Weekend Recipe -Banana Bread Oatmeal

I have been experimenting with Carrot Cake Jam (trust me when it jells right, I will post the recipe!) so when I located this version of a favorite breakfast of mine, I was just so on board.  
Twice a month I teach a licensing class for the State of Illinois.  The class is 20 hours and runs from 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM.  It is a long couple days for both my students and myself.  I am not a big fan of breakfast, at least making it myself. So when I found this quick microwave recipe that was both nutritious and a wonderful collection of morning flavors, I was hooked.  Try it -- You'll like it!
Banana Bread Oatmeal 
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup water or milk (I use milk for the extra calcium and creaminess)
3/4 tablespoon brown sugar
1 large, ripe banana mashed

Toppings:
Sprinkle of ground cinnamon (I use Cinnful Dessert Blend from the Backyard Patch!!)
Sprinkle of ground nutmeg
Pinch of salt (optional)
Low-fat vanilla yogurt (optional)
Pecan halves (optional)
Banana slices (optional)
Directions:

Combine oats, liquid, and spices in microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 2-3 minutes, stir and add more liquid if necessary. Then, while oats are still hot, stir in mashed banana. Top with a dollop of low-fat vanilla yogurt, banana slices, pecans, and extra spices if desired.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious and very good for you.

    Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A freind swears by these and has shared several with me. I just like oatmeal, so I am glad it is good for me!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...