- Then crush them with a rolling pin.
- Put the leaves in a saucepan with oil and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a canning jar or other heat resistant glass container and let cool to room temperature. Top off with any extra olive oil if needed.
- Taste the oil and if the flavor is not strong enough repeat the process with fresh herbs.
- If the flavor is strong enough you can strain the oil though a paper or muslin filter and press the herbs to extract all the liquid.
- Pour in a sterilized bottle, seal, label and decorate.
Use your Oil