Monday, February 4, 2013

Bath Blend of the Month - Comforting Lavender Bath

I thought I would rummage through my recipes and find a great seasonal bath blend to share each month.  I am starting this recipe share with a recipe I think I obtained through the now gone Herb Companion Magazine.

If you like Bath recipes I suggest taking a look at Natural Beauty at Home or Natural Beauty from the Garden by Janice Cox.  In fact I found this slightly older YouTube video of her making colored bath salts.  Kinda fun, please check it out!

This month's blend is perfect for the winter months which can be very drying, the bath Blend has no salt.  The combination of oatmeal and lavender make it soothing to the skin and relaxing to the mind.  You can also use it in the summer months to calm the irritation of sunburn and insect bites.  It is pretty so you can also display it in a decorative container and it makes a nice gift.

COMFORTING LAVENDER BATH
Yield: 28 ounces, enough for seven baths

1 cup dried lavender flowers
2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup baking soda

Place all the ingredients inside a food processor or blender. Grind until you have a smooth, fine
powder. The powder should have the consistency of whole-grain flour. Pour into a clean, airtight
container or resealable plastic bag. 

To use: Pour 1/2 cup into your bath as you fill the tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...