Sunday, June 10, 2012

Recipe for this weekend - Get your veggies


I love carrots.  I can eat them raw.   I can eat them cooked.  I can eat them glazed.  I could write a book -- Dr. Suss would be proud!


Recently someone I know pinned a photo on Pinterest showing some Veggie Fries.  I decided to try the recipe and make some of my own to add to my carrot repertoire.  You can also make this with zucchini, summer squash, and root vegetables like beets, turnips and rutabaga.

Veggie Fries

Carrots or other vegetables cut in 3 inch sticks
Olive oil (spray or brush)
seasoning
     I used Backyard Patch Soup and Salad Seasoning

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.  Line a baking pan with parchment or wax paper.  Spray or bush on a light layer of olive oil onto the paper.  Add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to a wide bowl and add 1 to 2 teaspoons of Soup & Salad Seasoning.  If you do not have Soup and Salad seasoning, you can add salt and pepper, paprika, hot pepper flakes, minced garlic, ground sage, thyme or rosemary or just about any other combination of herbs you think you will enjoy Our Potato Topper is great with roasted veggies like this.  Toss the vegetable sticks in the herbed oil and then spread in a single layer on your prepared baking pan.  Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, tossing about half way through.  You will know they are done when they are golden and slightly brown at the edges.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...