Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Herb of the Week (sorta) Ginger!
· 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter or margarine, softened
· 1 egg
· 2 tablespoons peeled grated fresh ginger
· 1/4 cup molasses
· 1/2 cup dried cranberries
· 1/4 cup sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda, ground ginger, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer beat together the brown sugar and butter on high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg, grated ginger, and molasses, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Reduce the speed to low and mix in the flour until a dough forms. Mix in the cranberries.
4. Pour the sugar in a small bowl. Roll level tablespoons of the dough into balls, then roll the balls in the sugar to evenly coat.
5. Arrange the cookie balls about 1 1/2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Bake on the center rack of the oven until the cookies flatten and darken slightly, about 14 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Allow the baking sheet to cool before adding another batch of cookie balls, or use multiple baking sheets and alternate the pans with each batch.
Just a reminder we are almost half-way in the advent calendar presentation, so stop by and check out the herbal recipes, crafts and tips we are sharing daily. Click here!