Saturday, July 23, 2011

Recipe Today - Marinated Chicken Kabobs

I am traveling by bicycle to a special teacher meeting today which means I will be hot and tired by the time I return at the end of the day.  They are predicting some extreme temps for us today.  As a result I will not want to do much when I get home, so in planning ahead I decided to make Kabobs. 

They are quick and easy.  I did all the cutting and I threadied everything onto skewers ahead of time and placed them in a container of marinade.  When I get home I will pop them onto my table top terra cotta "Pig Grill" and have dinner ready in 30 minutes.  We've made this dish before this summer and it is flavorful and easy.  The pictures make you huingry don't they?

Mediterranean Marinated Kabobs

1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
2 T. lemon juice
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
2 to 4 chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
1 green or red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 small onion, cut into wedges
1 handful of cherry or grape tomatoes
wooden skewers

Mix together BYP Italian Dressing?Marinade Herb Mix with vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and lemon peel.  Place in a non-reactive container with a tight fitting lid and enough space to hold cut up chicken.  Place cut up chicken in marinade and marinade in refrigerator for at least one hour or overnight.  Once chicken is marinated, cut up onion, peppers and wash tomatoes, while soaking skewers in water.  Then thread meat and vegetables, alternating chicken pieces with each vegetable.   Once skewers are filled grill them until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear.  Serve hot over cooked rice.

Variation:  You can also thread the skewers and then cover with marinade and leave overnight.  They will be ready to grill the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...